06 January 2012

Enough About Him...

...Really do love ya Da' [and Mum I know you meant well], but I'm supposed to be the star of this bloggiethingie, right?

Now that's sorted. Mum works really hard (which is a thing the wee one and I greatly appreciate since neither of  us do) and it is really hard on her body -and  therefore my body as well. Da' will tell you that Mum gets a little grumpy after a stretch of a few 12's (twelve hour days, the baby may not understand maths yet, be hours...yes most emphatically)  she and I would be a little tired. (Actually I could notice it sooner, like as each night. When you come home eat and then go to bed til just before {hours before, I'd still take a shower, eat, and get dressed}Yes dear all with that "thousand yard stare") I think everyone gets the picture, yes?

Well I'd get grumpy too, there are childlabour laws in this world...I checked they have a handbook up here you know. Really people how do you think we come into the world just knowing things? Strained spinach will suck. <p.147> The less things hurt, generally you make the most dramatic noise about.<p. 45>  "Peak-a-boo" is the best game ever...until you learn any other fun game. Then Hope that the grown-ups get the message and give it up.<p. 778>  there are many others that we aren't supposed to tell anyone and as we get older we naturally forget {Like some husbands when it comes to their wives birthdays}(C'mon we were on our Honeymoon, and technically given the time difference it was pro'bly like four in the morning back in the States){Forgiven doesn't mean forgotten, luv.}Anyway between you two and the rule book I've Lost me place...

Oh yeah so whether she's willing to admit it or not I know it is time to get away from work. Take your time off, you deserve it not only have you paid into disability all these years, but you are giving birth to me! The coolest kid on the block (and given our block...) don't try and steal my thunder Da'.  (I would never luv, I already know how cool your going to be as you will be born of me and the Missus.) So we're all squared away and the pregnant chick and the goof in the collar (hey now I don't think its quite right fer you to call yer Mum a chick){and your Da's not a goof....he is goofy looking}(My shining knight...don't do me any favours, I think the wee one will figure out just what I am capable of being) they can finally get some work done, they are slow and do take a lot of breaks, but there's no union so, its okay just so long as all my things are in place when I get ready to come out.On my due date,with no complications.

Anyways, back to my story. Work was getting too hard on Mum, because my little hangout started getting irritable after she worked a stretch of work by contracting. After her Christmas stretch, it got so bad, she even had to go into the hospital to make sure I was okay. They hooked me up to some monitors where Mum and Da' could listen to my heartbeat super loud. They sent some of Mum's blood to the lab. They also gave her some drugs to settle my little hangout. The whole experience made me rather excited as I practiced some of my best flips and turns while I was on the microphone so Mum and Da' could hear. I think that made them happy. After Mum and Da' calmed down from being scared, everything turned out okay. Auntie Mary brought us some yummy snacks and visited for a little while, and Da' worked on his iPhone artwork.

Imagine what it could have looked like had she let him finish.
So everything checked out with the hospital and they sent us home again. At our midwife appointment the next day though, Midwife Jennifer thought Mum should stop working, so she got the doctor to take her off work and start disability. Now Mum and Da' can start to focus all their time and attention on getting ready for me. Yay!
Mum did end up with an ugly bruise from her blood draw spot.
Thanks for reading and I will keep you updated when Mum and Da' allow (The Missus is really lazy about writing.)

Love, 
The Newest Knott

1 comment:

  1. wow that bruise looks a little like the ones Pattygets every time she has to give blood, I am all in favor that you have some time to take care oof our new grand baby, still trying to get settledenough to get up there, love the post

    ReplyDelete